NonTrivial Music Instrument
generate highly immersive sound worlds
- with your body movement
- at the touch of your fingers
The NTMI is ...
- The first commercially available instrument that you can move freely in space!
- Fully wireless handheld Interactor
- Gestures become music
- Movement becomes meaning
- Ultra-easy learning curve - perfectly suitable for kids
- The Post-Control mantra: LOSE CONTROL, GAIN INFLUENCE:
- forget about those pesky parameters and mappings
- just move, listen and play by ear
- complex intuitive control at your fingertips
- The Influx © mapping between movement data and sound parameters takes care of it all.
- after all, when do you really feel in control of something?-)
- Hardware: NTMI Interactor in your hands
- Software: NTMI_App on your computer
- control up to 4 sounds together with the same gesture
- immersive sound in stereo, quadro, 5.1 surround, 7.1, sound dome - you name it -
- just connect a multichannel audio interface and you're good to go!
- all software is open source and easily accessible.
- extend it with your own sounds by following a super-simple protocol!
- or use it as an interface for any of your OSC-aware sound&visuals applications
- The Airborne NTMI_App is proudly made with SuperCollider
The Airborne Instuments NTMI is currently being developed for production with support by the creative prototyping grant.
Contact us for beta-testing and more info!